Goals of the Central Virginia Community College Respiratory Therapy Program
- To certify graduate students who can safely perform entry-level and advanced-level respiratory procedures as specified by the current role delineation of the American Association for Respiratory Care.
- To provide graduates with entry-level and advanced-level knowledge pertinent to respiratory therapy as assessed by the graduates' performance on the CRT and RRT Examination of the National Board for Respiratory Care.
- To provide graduates with professional role models consistent with the "Code of Ethics" of the American Association for Respiratory Care.
- To provide graduates with a foundation this will allow them to improve skills and knowledge following graduation.
- To provide the community with responsible respiratory therapy therapists who interact appropriately with the changing health care system.