Vision Parameters for CVCC in 2020 AD
Central Virginia Community College:
- Is a comprehensive community college responsible to an evolving variety of community constituencies needing education and training.
- Reflects world-class standards in all aspects of the institution.
- Is committed to excellence in teaching.
- Is customer-focused at all levels within the institution.
- Aligns itself seamlessly with other education/training service providers in Region 2000.
- Utilizes and teaches leading-edge technologies.
- Is easily accessible to its constituencies in terms of locations, processes and procedures.
- Is entrepreneurial and innovative in providing educational service to its constituencies in Region 2000.
- Assesses continuously the educational and training needs to determine future products.
- Exceeds all appropriate accreditation requirements.
Students and Services
- Is a Full-Service educational institution.
- Serves an ever-changing student body.
- Serves a student body which mirrors the cultural diversity of Region 2000.
- Meets the educational financial needs of all students.
- Offers programs and individual courses that are flexible and responsive to customer needs.
- Addresses a wide spectrum of educational and training needs of the community through credit and non-credit curricular competencies.
- Infuses general education/liberal arts into all curricula.
- Works in partnership with secondary institutions, post-secondary institutions, and workplace training organizations creating an educational ladder of continuous learning opportunities for students.
- Works in partnership with external agencies, vendors, trade organizations and the like to develop programs and courses that prepare students for employment.
- Utilizes all appropriate instructional delivery systems.
- Utilizes a 24x7x365 timeframe to provide its course and program offerings.
- Employs faculty, staff and administrators who are highly skilled, technologically competent, dedicated, creative, and customer focused.
- Provides professional development of faculty, staff, and administrators as an investment in a high-quality teaching/learning environment.
- Pays competitive salaries for faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Employs personnel, processes, and systems that are flexible and adaptable.
- Anticipates and exceeds the benchmarks of the continued, pervasive growth of technologies in all aspects of the institution.
- Is a leader in identifying, researching, and creating training programs for emerging technology critical to the success of Region 2000 Business/Industry and economic development.
- Provides appropriate facilities which reflect the educational and training needs of Region 2000.
- Provides facilities to enhance the social, cultural, and recreational opportunities for students and college personnel.
- Utilizes facilities that are world-class.
- Provides a comprehensive Learning Resources Center including a Virtual Information Resource Center.