The Direct Student Loan Application Process
The Direct Student Loan Program
Central Virginia Community College participates exclusively in the Federal Direct
Student Loan Program which includes Subsidized Student Loans, Unsubsidized Student
Loans, and Parent Loans. The Federal government is the lender in the Direct Student
Loan Program. Students and parents interested in federal student and/or parent
loans will be required to apply through the Direct Student Loan
Program and complete master promissory notes. Students will also
be required to complete and submit the Free Application for
Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
For additional information on the Direct Student Loan Program, please click on the
How to Apply for a Direct Student Loan:
To apply for a Direct Student Loan, students must meet basic eligibility criteria
and complete the following steps:
- All applicants print a Loan Request Form (PDF).
- Complete the form and submit it to the Financial Aid Office via mail, fax, or in-person.
How to Apply for a Direct Parent Loan:
To apply for a Direct Parent Student Loan, students must meet basic eligibility
criteria, and parents must complete the following steps:
- Print a Direct Parent PLUS Loan Request Form (PDF).
- Print the Consent to Obtain Credit Report (PDF).
- Complete the forms and submit to the Financial aid Office via mail, fax, or in-person.