Community Homeschool Information & Activities (CHIA)
by Thornton Wilder
2:30pm & 7:00pm
|Living Word Baptist Church
4130 Waterlick Rd.
Forest, VA 24551
The Region 2000 CHIA will provide an inclusive network through which local
home schoolers have opportunities not easily known or available to
individuals outside the public education system. CHIA meets
periodically at CVCC, and basic participation is without charge.
Summer is here and many parents are already planning learning
schedules for Fall 2010. I've met with several home school families
already this month who wish to have their children take classes here
in the fall. We are very happy to assist you in your efforts to
provide your children with the best education possible.
To expedite the process I want to give everyone a heads up on the
steps to follow:
- Fill out an application for admission to the college if you are new to CVCC
- Have your student take the placement test in the Counseling Center (you may meet with a counselor first to learn more about this placement test if you wish)
- After the placement test, if your student is under the age of 16, you will then need to meet with Dr. Hicks the Vice-President of Academic Affairs and Student Services. If you child is over 16, you may skip this step.
- Meet with me or another counselor to work out an appropriate class schedule.
- Take the Enrollment Change Form along with your permission letter from the state or local school district to the Admissions Office where your student will be enrolled and given a copy of their class schedule.
- Be sure to observe the 'pay date' for each semester. Remember your student is only pre-enrolled until the classes are paid for.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me - Susan Rush at
434.832.7805 or email me at email@example.com.
CHIA operates through three subcommittees:
We welcome any organization involved with home school activities or groups to
send us their information if they would like to be listed on this webpage.