Small Business Development Center
Central Virginia Community College the proud host of the Region 2000 Small Business Development Center (SBDC). The
Region 2000 SBDC is an effective provider of customized counseling and education for small businesses in the region.
You can meet in private with a certified business analyst to discuss your specific issues. Or you can attend
small—group trainings for in—depth presentations on critical management topics.
Starting Your Own Business
Starting your own business is a major undertaking. To determine your readiness, you should consider taking the
developed by the US Small Business Administration. Whether your results indicate that you’re ready to start or
need more preparation, we can help.
We also provide assistance to aspiring business owners who need to understand:
- Requirements for going into business
- Licensing and regulatory information
- Financial statements and cash—flow management
- Accounting and record keeping
- Target markets
- Advertising and promotion
- Sales and distribution
- Business plan development and implementation
Grow Your Business
Experienced entrepreneurs will find assistance across a broad range of topics, including:
- Business planning
- Financing sources and capital formation
- Marketing issues and techniques
- Market research
- Personnel Management
- Strategies for growth and expansion
- Exporting assistance
- Innovations commercialization
Click the link to download information flyer
Social Media Marketing
So You Want To Be a Federal Contractor
Contact our office today to start your new career as an entrepreneur or to move your existing business to the next
level of success! (434) 832—7607.