Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP)
The VRAP program ended Mardh 31, 2014.
VRAP offered up to 12 months of training assistance to unemployed Veterans
- Were at least 35 but no more than 60 years old
- Were unemployed on the date of application
- Received an other than dishonorable discharge
- Were not eligible for any other VA education benefit program (e.g.: the
Post-9/11 GI Bill, Montgomery GI Bill, Vocational Rehabilitation and
- Were not in receipt of VA compensation due to unemployability
- Were not enrolled in a federal or state job training program
To date, VA has received and processed more than 143,000 VRAP applications.
Of over 126,000 approved applicants, more than 76,000 have enrolled in a
training program. VA has paid more than $886,000,000 in VRAP benefits to
unemployed Veterans, age 35-60.
VRAP provided training for programs of education that led to a high demand
occupation, as determined by the Department of Labor.
Click here to see
a listing of high demand occupations.